Ballroom Dance Training
Join the nation's leading expert in teacher training
for 3 weekends of training!
February 20-21 | March 19-20 | April 16-17
Snoopy's Home Ice, 1667 W Steele Lane, Santa Rosa
Junior Associate Core DVIDA® Training and Professional Certification Exam Preparation
Have you always wanted to become a ballroom dance instructor but
haven't been sure how to get started? Here's your chance!
This American Style Training Course is perfect for anyone
interested in becoming a ballroom dance teacher, or for dance students who
sense that learning to dance both "roles" and the terminology for teaching
will enhance their own dancing.
What You Will Learn
Junior Associate Bronze DVIDA Syllabus
Waltz | Foxtrot | Tango | Rumba | Cha Cha | East Coast Swing
We will focus on two dances per weekend, breaking down each figure into the individual elements, as well as covering numerous aspects of how to be a successful, confident and fabulous dance teacher.
A few of the many things you will learn include how to:
- Dance the first half of the Bronze Syllabus (figures 1-7) for 6 dances as both Leader and Follower
- Practice tried and true teaching methods
- Analyze the technical elements and musical information for each dance
- Feel comfortable presenting material in front of a class, such as the history and character of each dance
- Teach group classes and private lessons, change partners, start a class to music, and much more!
You may take one, two or all three workshops. If your goal is to start teaching or take the Jr Associate Core 6-dance exam, we highly recommend signing up for all three workshops.
A Certificate of Completion
Training (Saturdays 10am-7pm, Sundays 9am-6pm):
- February 20-21 ~ Waltz & Rumba
- March 19-20 ~ Foxtrot & Cha Cha
- April 16-17 ~ Tango & East Coast Swing
- May 21st ~ "Mock Exam" (Review Day)
- May 22nd ~ Exam
All Dance lovers and those who dream of a
career as a ballroom dance teacher are WELCOME!
$495 for each weekend session (16 hours of instruction)
$1335 (10% discount) for all three weekend trainings (February - April)
$249 for Review Day, May 21st
Some additional fees for DVIDA Exam
DVIDA® Certification can be YOURS!
Master Teacher, Diane Jarmolow
with graduating students